Thursday 9 July 2009

Forever Young

**This is just a parent's expression to his child.**

Birthdays come and birthdays go,
Children grow young and parents old.
So shall we and so shall you.
So dear child,
When you went to school,
I enjoyed a game of pool.
When you with your friends make merry,
I enjoy a ride of ferry.
With your partner when you’ll romance,
I’ll also enjoy a rain dance!
When you’ll teach your child to write,
I’ll teach him how to fly a kite!
However old I may be,
Existence of my inner child shall never cease.
In you I’ve found myself afresh,
You’ve brought in my life a fresh breeze!


11 comments:

Shan Consul said...

Its amazing....the idea is too good and the way it is potrayed is really appreciable...keep up the good work

saket said...

in two words, mind blowing.

Shruti said...

@Shantanu: thank you :)
@Saket: thank you par yeh kuch zyada hi ho gaya!! ;)

Aadie said...

surprise surprise!
coz its no surprise this time :)
another great piece of poetry handed over to the world :)

Shruti said...

@Aditya:thank you... :)

gaurangi said...

ohh..it was beautiful...full of emotions...:)
i luv this one...:)

Shruti said...

@Gaurangi: thank you dear..this one is close to my heart too!!

Esther said...

vewy vewy sweet!! =P

Unknown said...

Hey Shruthi.. I have 1 word for your blog. Awesome.. loved your poems, search for the killer.. grand dad... Keep posting

Debdeep Sarkar said...

This one is really touching.. still I believe you will produce an even more touching article on this idea, be it poem or prose, after some more years! :) Keep up the good work!

Shruti said...

@Esther, Tiger n Debdeep: thank u! :)keep visiting!